Cami Thompson: LINKS
- LinkShare Referral Program
• Earn $1.50 for every valid referral that registers as a LinkShare Publisher and generates a click-through within 30 days.
• Place one of our banners or text links on your site and start earning today!
• For more information about LinkShare visit www.linkshare.com or click here to email.
- Bread and Roses - Bringing live music to those
Bread & Roses brings hope and healing through live music to isolated individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our performances uplift the spirits of children undergoing chemotherapy, teens battling substance abuse, families in homeless shelters, seniors nearing the end of life transition, and others living apart from friends and family while facing challenging times.
- The Note-Ables Organization
- The mission of The Note-Ables is to raise awareness that creativity has no barriers by providing inclusive musical opportunities to all members of the community, regardless of age or ability. The Note-Ables is a unique performing arts organization that is open to all members of the community, with a primary focus on providing musical opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities. Our organization offers people of all ages and abilities the opportunity to express themselves through learning to play instruments, writing songs, and performing. The performing arts can serve as a vital stepping-stone for people with disabilities, helping them achieve independence and contribute to our community in meaningful ways. Since The Note-Ables began performing in 1999, dozens of participants have experienced dramatic life changes. Our activities have also increased the visibility of people with disabilities and added to the dynamic arts offerings in the Truckee Meadows
- Make-A-Wish of Northern Nevada
- Move-On.org = Democracy in Action
The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With 5 million members across America — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service — a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.
The MoveOn family of organizations is made up of a couple of different pieces. MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known just as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC, formerly known as MoveOn PAC, mobilizes people across the country to fight important battles in Congress and help elect candidates who reflect our values. Both organizations are entirely funded by individuals.
Every member has a voice in choosing the direction for both MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action. Using our ActionForum software, you can propose priorities and strategies. Both organizations also take the initiative to organize quick action on other timely issues that our members care about.
- Common Dreams - social-political views and news from the Progressive Viewpoint
Who we are.
We are a powerful online voice for change in America.
With millions of monthly readers, we have become one of the most read progressive websites.
What we do.
We use the latest technology to bring the progressive community together online.
We create political organizing tools and new models for Internet activism.
We publish breaking news & views from a progressive perspective. And the latest ideas, opinions and in-depth analysis by some of the world's best progressive writers, thinkers and activists.
We are writers. Activists. Everyday citizens.
We are hundreds of thousands strong.
We are united by our common dreams of peace and justice, equal opportunity, and meaningful participation in society.
We are energized by our passionate belief that these dreams should be within reach of everyone. Regardless of race, gender, or status.
To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.
- Prophets Conference for the Rebirthing of a New Humanity
Welcome to The Great Rethinking and The Prophets Conference, an international organization dedicated to assisting in the birthing of a new humanity, and thereby, the realization of the successful cultivation of a sustainable and workable world.
Unprecedented changes and challenges are facing the people of this world and we see these as a birthing process leading towards a tipping point for a personal and planetary renaissance.
The Prophets Conference programs, with many of today's trailblazing teachers, are designed to cultivate spiritual principles and scientific potentials, invoking oneness and deeper experiences for those who participate in this growing community.
Working to integrate expansive perspectives, and prompting discovery, beauty and understanding, The Prophets Conference looks to be of service for the creation of the direct knowing of the love filled eternal present moment in which we all abide.
It is a guiding premise of our organization that a holistic inclusive approach opening to and encompassing all the diverse avenues of life will help create healing, health, coherence, and more meaning. Many ancient and modern teachings are offered and combined to help shed pathologies growing from narcissism, fundamentalism, and materialism.
While stimulating active participation in meaningful change and creative expression in all life’s endeavors, The Prophets Conference encourages the spirit of positive emotions through learned happiness and the granting of permission to just be positive and awash in the plentitude of being. Grasping the interconnectedness of all things, together we learn to live in wonder, appreciation, awareness, and wholeness. We invite you to join this creative adventure.
Find out what others have to say about The Prophets Conference / Great Rethinking experience.
You can contact us at:
prophets @ greatmystery.org
USA / Canada
Tel: (1) 505 796 4023
- Natural Resources Defense Council and Action Fund
- The NRDC Action Fund is spearheading the fight for America’s environment on Capitol Hill. We are organized under Section 501(c)(4) of the tax code, which permits us to devote 100 percent of our resources to lobbying Congress and mobilizing the public. The Bush White House and its allies in Congress have launched the most sweeping attack on environmental laws in modern American history. Their legislative agenda, bought and paid for by giant polluters, threatens to undo 30 years of bipartisan environmental progress. The Action Fund is launching a massive counterattack, funded by ordinary Americans, to halt and reverse this corporate-sponsored onslaught. The NRDC Action Fund is an affiliate of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). NRDC Action Fund 40 West 20th Street New York, NY 10011 Telephone: 212-727-4556
- Alaska Wilderness League
- Alaska's wild lands -- specifically the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- are under attack. This extraordinary treasure trove of lands, set aside decades ago to be protected now and in the future for the benefit of the American people, is in severe danger of being destroyed forever by short-sighted politicians and the extractive industries. They want only the resources these pristine areas can provide, regardless of the resulting devastation to the habitat, wildlife, and cultures. The Alaska Wilderness League is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1993 to further the protection of Alaska's incomparable natural endowment. To learn about who's who at the Alaska Wilderness League, visit our staff or board of directors listings. The Alaska Wilderness League supports legislative and administrative initiatives to protect Alaska's lands and waters, promotes national and local recognition of Alaska's spectacular environment through public education, strengthens grassroots activism on behalf of Alaska's environment, and provides leadership within the environmental community on selected issues that concern Alaska
- Nevada Opera
Opera is the grandest art form of them all - combining singers and musicians, dancers and actors with sets, costumes, props and special effects to tell stories in a way that no other art form can match. This makes it one of the most expensive art forms to produce.
You complete the picture. Even when performances are sold out, ticket sales cover only about 30% of production costs. We rely on you to bring each opera to the stage.
There are so many ways you can play a starring role:
Come to a performance - purchase tickets Join us to enjoy our fabulous artists. Tickets are available in several price ranges and season tickets save even more. Performances are Friday at 7:30 and Sunday at 2:00
Make a donation. Large and small contributions all help us achieve our mission. We offer an enticing package of benefits for our members in recognitions of their commitment to our continued artistic excellence.
Join the Nevada Opera Guild. The Guild raises funds in support of Nevada Opera. Guild members are also our star volunteers in the office and backstage - making sure every detail is addressed. Learn more about this stellar support group.
Bravo! Arts. This informal social group is designed to bring art lovers together and help them learn more about the performances Nevada Opera is staging.
Learn more about the opera. Our education and outreach program is designed to help deepen your appreciation of the Nevada Opera.
Prospective NOA Chorus Members
If you are interested in being considered for a role, or an audition in the future, please send your resume and a head shot to: Auditions, Nevada Opera, PO Box 3256, Reno, Nevada 89505. We will keep your information on file and you are encouraged to check back with us for audition availability.
- Reno Jazz Orchestra
- Reno's own Extraordinary 19-piece Big Band
- For The Love of Jazz
- Formed in May of 1974 by a small group of jazz musicians and enthusiasts, the non-profit organiztion "For the Love of Jazz" is cultivating a community appreciation and love of jazz by providing and promoting opportunities for our community to learn about, participate in, and listen to live performance and educational activities by local, regional and national jazz artists. For the Love of Jazz also provides additional educational opportunities of area students and assistance to other organizations interested in providing jazz activities in our community.
- Reno Philharmonic
- The orchestra, led by Music Director and Conductor Laura Jackson, is made up of more than 60 professional musicians. They perform in Reno, Carson Valley, and the Lake Tahoe region in various outdoor and indoor venues. The popular Master Classics Series is presented from September to April. The orchestra also presents over 10 specialty performances throughout the year from the holiday classic, Spirit of the Season, to Fourth of July in Genoa, Lake Tahoe Music Festival, and the perennially sold out, Pops on the River. Conductor Laura Jackson was named Music Director after the 2008-2009 audition season. The two-year search gained national recognition for its detailed process, the talented and diverse candidates, the use of technology to engage the community in the process, and the increase in ticket sales. Ms. Jackson's most previous post was Associate Conductor of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. The Reno Philharmonic Association boasts an award-winning, impressive, and diverse education department, which includes three youth orchestras, a series of 12 "Young People's Concerts" performed throughout the school year, "Celebrate Strings," a free after-school violin instruction program, and the "Discover Music" program, which brings music ensembles into schools. The education programs reach over 30,000 school-aged children per year and cover many areas of music and arts education that complement the school music programs. In 2009, the orchestra received recognition for its longevity and artistic merit with a Governor's Arts Award for Leadership in the Arts. The orchestra has been named the "Best of Reno Award" from Reno Magazine in 2006 and "Best Performing Arts Group" in Reno nine times from 1991-2001 by Reno Gazette-Journal readers. The RPA has been honored to receive several Silver Star awards for education programs and concerts from Truckee Meadows Tomorrow that enhance the quality of life in northern Nevada. In 2003, the Reno Philharmonic Youth Orchestras received a "Best of Reno Award" from the Reno News and Review.
- Damien Masterson-Chromatic Harmonica
A phenomenal sound like no other, and a beautiful heart and clever mind to match!
- Max Perkoff Music
- Max is a wonderful Bay Area musician I get to work with (not often enough) who really has opened my eyes to a greater appreciation of and desire for playing live jazz music again. Thanks, Max!
- Thousands of independent artists like myself have found a home at CD Baby - stop in and browse for music you will NEVER find at Tower. Search by style, artist, genre, or "sounds like" -- you'll find many treasures.
- Christine Shelton - singer
- Christine is a very dear friend of mine - a delightful singer with a cool sultry voice, a distinctive flair for subtle phrasing, and a gentle comedic-cum-sexy style. She plays regularly in Reno at the Roxy Bistro in the El Dorado Casino. when I'm lucky and she is available, she sings with me on several of my specialty shows, most recently as a "Staggering Starlette" in my Bette Midler Tribute show. Her specialties include her impeccable impersonations of Marilyn Monroe and Mae West. Check her out!
- Rick Metz Music Schdule
- Keeping Live Jazz Alive in Reno! Rick has a regular Wednesday Jazz Jam, and sitting in is welcome. Young players learning their craft are encouraged to come work on their chops!
- ISAGENIX: A Revolutionary New Health and Wellness System
- I have joined thousands of happy customers in becoming a representative for a remarkable new health food product for cleansing, fat-burning weight loss, mental clarity, stamina and beauty. Click here to start on your road to a new understanding of optimum health.